The Hoover F8100900 carpet cleaner has a great tag line but has a number of flaws as is evident from the review given below. The reviewer has recorded his detailed observation on this carpet cleaner and has finally summed it up as an awful machine.
He says that except the multiple rotary brush arm of the cleaner which facilitates easy removal and cleaning, the Hoover F8100900has a lot of problems.
So, let’s check out what this reviewer has observed:
1. It is quite difficult to remove and clean the single cylindrical brush of the Hoover F8100900 carpet cleaner.
2. The power cord is too long and tends to get completely unwound. Moreover when you wind back the cord it causes leakage of the cleaning solution and most of the times this spills on the carpet. This will compel you to re-vacuum the carpet again. This can be really annoying.
3. The capacity of the water tank that collects dirty water is half the capacity of the water tank that contains clean water. Due to this you have to frequently stop the cleaner to empty the dirty water tank. The problem is more compounded by the fact that this tank is very large in width and depth but small on volume. You won’t be able to clean it in a normal kitchen sink. For cleaning you will either require a bathtub or a large laundry sink, or maybe even a hose if you are cleaning it outside.
4. The Hoover F8100900 carpet cleaner has 2 rear wheels and while wheeling the machine you are certain to leave behind a considerable trail of dirty water. This means you have to vacuum again. The reviewer suggests that it is better to empty and clean the dirty water tank before wheeling the machine.
5. While cleaning if you keep the machine stationary for more than a couple of seconds then cleaning solution along with water drips from the brushes. If it drips on to the carpet then you have to do the job again.
6. Looking at the size of the Hoover F8100900 carpet cleaner it seems only men would be able to handle this large and cumbersome machine. Of course women who are strong and robust can definitely give it a try. Cleaning two rooms of about 400 sq ft in area will be equivalent to a good workout.
7. There is a small handhold in the back of the Hoover F8100900 carpet cleaner and according to given instructions you should always pick up the machine using that. This results in opening of the latch of the dirty water tank, thereby dumping a lot of dirty water. This again will compel you to perform another bout of clean-up.
According to the reviewer you should ignore the instructions and instead pick up the machine after emptying the dirty water tank. Since the machine is made of cheap plastic you should avoid picking up the machine with the water tanks filled up otherwise there will be breakage somewhere.
You can check more negative feedback on this carpet cleaner on Amazon here.
Best Carpet Cleaners Reviews | Hoover F8100900